Off Road Expo Photos
For two days each year, off road racing’s elite drivers, builders, sponsors and fans gather at the Fairplex in Pomona, CA for what most view as the one annual go-to event in the off road racing community. This year’s Expo was no exception to that rule, with some of the highlights as follows.
- Lucas Oil off-road racing exhibition course (short course trucks)
- Yamaha ATV/UTV demo track
- Over 300 off-road vendors selling the latest in aftermarket performance
- FMX motorcycle stunt teams throwing down the sport’s top tricks
- Celebrity appearances by BJ Baldwin, Brian Deegan, Shannon Campbell, Walker Evans, Carl Renezeder and more.
- Dirt Theatre – debuting the new Mint 400 video (out soon via iTunes and digital download) and the new Desert People 9 video (now available on DVD and Blu-Ray).
- Miss Off-Road Expo contest
- Hundreds of new products being seen for the first time
Although the total surface area of the show was down slightly from last year, the spectator count was larger than expected. Almost every building stayed packed both days and left of the vendors with overwhelming expectations for what the remainder of 2011 and the entire year of 2012 has to hold for aftermarket and recreational sales.
One of the highlights for me each year at the Expo is to walk around and snap photos of some of the amazing fabrication on display. With fabrication shops such as Camburg, Campbell Enterprises, Jagged X, and a many more on hand, there was no shortage of metal magic. As I type this on the plane ride home back to Alabama, I can’t help but be eager to get back in the shop and put all of this inspiration into practice. Oh wait, I don’t have the time or talent to pull that off. Maybe one day…
We also saw some big announcements around the 2012 King of the Hammers race as well as the announcement that SXSPerformance.com will be the title sponsor for the 2010 King of the Hammers UTV race. Also worth mentioning, the ISA (International Side By Side Association) will be the sanctioning body for the 2012 KOH UTV race.
Special thanks goes out to Lucas Oil for headlining this year’s event. Lucas Oil is making their presence known in the industry by formulating top quality lubricants and protectants as well as putting their money where their mouth is by sponsoring this and many, many other major events. With their help, the entire motorsports industry has weathered most of the down economy for the past few years. We should all remember that the next time we’re in a position to buy lubricants for our toys and our transportation.
Feel free to repost these photos.
Tags: king of the hammers, off road, racing, ultra4, utv